Greater Shepparton City Council will waive certain fees for residential waste at the Shepparton and Murchison Resource Recovery Centres, starting this weekend.
Mayor Seema Abdullah said council encouraged members of the municipality to make the most of this opportunity, but to be aware that to be eligible there were criteria that had to be met, including proof the dumpers were municipality residents.
“We encourage locals to head to council’s website before taking their waste to the centre to ensure you are aware of the full list,” Cr Abdullah said.
Meanwhile, the Ardmona centre will be closed on January 11 and 25 and the waived fee days for Ardmona will be deferred until further notice.
The applicable fees will be waived during the following days and times:
Shepparton Resource Recovery Centre:
● Saturday, January 11 — (8 am to 4:15 pm).
● Saturday, January 25 — (8 am to 4:15 pm).
Murchison Resource Recovery Centre:
● Sunday, January 12 — (1 pm to 3:45 pm).
● Sunday, January 26 — ( 1pm to 3:45 pm).
Conditions of entry include:
● Residential quantities only.
Residential quantities are classified as:
— a maximum of 3m³ per load.
— a maximum four tyres per load.
— less than 20 litres of petroleum-based oil.
— a maximum of 10 litres of paint.
— a maximum of a 9 kg gas bottle.
● No waste from commercial operators will be accepted.
● No asbestos, liquids or prescribed waste will be accepted.
● This is not a chemical drop-off.
● Loads must be sorted prior to entry to the facility or fees will apply. Greater Shepparton City Council is dedicated to reducing the amount of waste going to landfill, so separating your recyclable waste is mandatory.
● Proof of Greater Shepparton residence (driver's licence) will be required.
● Traffic management will be on site. Please follow directions and drive safely.
● No sales will be happening; however, mulch will still be available free of charge.
● Aggressive and/or disrespectful behaviour will not be tolerated.
● Gates close at the above times. Any customers still in the queue may not be served.
For further information visit the Greater Shepparton City Council website or call 5832 9700.