A Cobram resident is frustrated with telecommunications provider Telstra, which left him without a home phone for more than three months.
Clifford Semmler said he reported a fault with his service and on December 13 a technician diagnosed it as a problem with the cable between the property’s side fence and his house, which is near Cobram Secondary College.
A work order was placed on December 14 and Mr Semmler said he’d been assured workers would be out to fix the problem, where about 3.6m of cabling needed to be replaced.
Since then four different dates to complete the work have been given, and on those days no-one turned up, nor did anyone notify Mr Semmler that no-one would be coming.
‘‘It’s just been postponed and postponed,’’ he said.
He said he’d taken days off work on the advised dates because he’d been told someone would need to be at home when a worker from Shepparton arrived.
‘‘I reckon I’ve lost about $600 in income in that time,’’ Mr Semmler said.
The next date he’d been given for the work to be completed was March 26 — more than three months after the original complaint was made.
‘‘It’s gotten beyond a joke,’’ Mr Semmler said.
‘‘They wonder why people are getting disheartened.’’
Telstra area general manager Steve Tinker said the cable which needed replacing had presented some challenges to fix because it was underneath concrete.
He said with the Christmas break and then wet weather, there was a delay in finding appropriate contractors to complete the work.
‘‘We were able to complete the job at the weekend by rerouting the cabling,’’ Mr Tinker said.
‘‘However the delay was unacceptable and we are sorry for the inconvenience this will have caused.’’